g) KEY NOUN:
TRANSITIVE VERB: drugged
- A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.
- Such a substance as recognized or defined by the U.S. Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act.
- A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.
- Obsolete A chemical or dye.
- To administer a drug to.
- To poison or mix (food or drink) with a drug.
- To stupefy or dull with or as if with a drug: drugged with sleep.
Middle English drogge
, from Old French drogue
, perhaps from Middle Dutch droge (vate)
, dry (cases)
, pl. of drog