n) KEY NOUN:
- The state or quality of being precise; exactness.
- The ability of a measurement to be consistently reproduced.
- The number of significant digits to which a value has been reliably measured.
- Used or intended for accurate or exact measurement: a precision tool.
- Made so as to vary minimally from a set standard: precision components.
- Of or characterized by accurate action: precision bombing.
Latin praecsi, praecsin-
, a cutting off
, from praecsus
, past participle of praecdere
, to cut off
; see precise