-) KEY ADJECTIVE:
- Anthropology Of or being a major human racial classification traditionally distinguished by physical characteristics such as yellowish-brown skin pigmentation, straight black hair, dark eyes with pronounced epicanthic folds, and prominent cheekbones and including peoples indigenous to central and eastern Asia. Not in scientific use. See Usage Note at race1.
- Characteristic of or resembling a Mongol.
- also mongoloid Offensive Of or relating to Down syndrome.
- Anthropology A member of the Mongoloid racial classification. Not in scientific use.
- also mongoloid Offensive A person affected with Down syndrome.