) KEY NOUN: pl. den·si·ties
- The quality or condition of being dense.
- The quantity of something per unit measure, especially per unit length, area, or volume.
- The mass per unit volume of a substance under specified conditions of pressure and temperature.
- Computer Science The number of units of useful information contained within a linear dimension.
- The number of individuals, such as inhabitants or housing units, per unit of area.
- The degree of optical opacity of a medium or material, as of a photographic negative.
- Thickness of consistency; impenetrability.
- Complexity of structure or content.
- Stupidity; dullness.