) KEY NOUN:
TRANSITIVE VERB: pre·viewed
- An advance showing, as of a movie or art exhibition, to which a selected audience is invited before public presentation begins.
- An advance viewing or exhibition, especially the presentation of several scenes advertising a forthcoming movie; a trailer.
- An introductory or preliminary message, sample, or overview; a foretaste.
, also pre·vued pre·view·ing
, pre·vu·ing pre·views
- To view or exhibit in advance.
- To provide a preliminary sample or overview of: The professor previewed the course for us.