p) KEY NOUN:
TRANSITIVE VERB: raped
- The crime of forcing another person to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse.
- The act of seizing and carrying off by force; abduction.
- Abusive or improper treatment; violation: a rape of justice.
- To force (another person) to submit to sex acts, especially sexual intercourse; commit rape on.
- To seize and carry off by force.
- To plunder or pillage.
Middle English, from rapen
, to rape
, from Old French raper
, to abduct
, from Latin rapere
, to seize
; see rep-
in Indo-European rootsOTHER FORMS:raper(Noun)