n) KEY NOUN:
- The act of rising from the dead or returning to life.
- The state of one who has returned to life.
- The act of bringing back to practice, notice, or use; revival.
- Resurrection Christianity
- The rising again of Jesus on the third day after the Crucifixion.
- The rising again of the dead at the Last Judgment.
Middle English, from Old French, from Late Latin resurrcti, resurrctin-
, from Latin resurrctus
, past participle of resurgere
, to rise again
; see resurgeOTHER FORMS:resur·rection·al(Adjective)