s) KEY NOUN:
- An evil, degrading, or immoral practice or habit.
- A serious moral failing.
- Wicked or evil conduct or habits; corruption.
- Sexual immorality, especially prostitution.
- A slight personal failing; a foible: the vice of untidiness.
- A flaw or imperfection; a defect.
- A physical defect or weakness.
- An undesirable habit, such as crib-biting, in a domestic animal.
- Vice A character representing generalized or particular vice in English morality plays.
- A jester or buffoon.
Middle English, from Old French, from Latin vitium