p) KEY NOUN:
- A brief sharp hissing sound.
- Energy; vim.
- A zipper.
- Slang Nothing; nil; zero: received zip for money after doing the job for them.
, zips VERB: intr.
- To move with a sharp hissing sound.
- To move or act with a speed that suggests such a sound: The cars zipped by endlessly.
- To act or proceed swiftly and energetically: zipped through her homework.
- To become fastened or unfastened by a zipper.
- To give speed and force to.
- To impart life or zest to.
- To fasten or unfasten with a zipper.